Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
If you are already have an account with Palletways, please contact your local member who will organise a quote for you. If you have never shipped a pallet before, or you do so infrequently we have an online booking website that allows you to pay by credit card for your shipment which can be accessed here https://www.palletwaysonline.com/
If you have been charged additional fees this could be for a number of reasons such as recollection, redelivery, pallet size is under declaired or the delivery point is a timed collection service only. If you feel this is incorrect, please contact your local Palletways member who will be happy to assist.
Palletways provides liability insurance for your pallet whilst your goods are in transit within our network – information on insurance can be found in the terms and conditions on palletwaysonline, or alternative, contact your local member for information. However, we cannot be held liable for consequential losses or costs which may occur as a result of any loss or damage of your delivery. If you need to speak to someone about damage or loss, please contact our Customer Services team on +44 (0) 845 153 0000.
We advise all customers to advise their recipients to thoroughly check and inspect their goods upon delivery for any damages.
If the consignment is damaged then please ensure the proof of delivery documentation is marked as 'damaged', otherwise the consignment will be considered as delivered in good condition.
You must submit a written confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 working days from the delivery date accompanied with the following documents and information:
- Proof of cost price (invoice showing the price the items were purchased/manufactured for)
- Proof of purchase price (Invoice showing the price the items were sold for)
- Proof of weight (i.e. manufacturer description)
- Description of item
- Any further information that you can provide
- Clear photos of the damage
- Order number
Once received, we will register a claim and the insurers will be in touch with updates on your claim.
Please be aware, that all processes must be complete before a claim can be finalised, which includes but is limited to, depot searches, salvage operations and repair costs.
If the proof of delivery is signed with no mention of damage then the claim may be rejected by the insurer. Therefore we are unable to offer any forms of compensation.
If the claim is submitted outside the time frame mentoned above, the claim will be rejected by the insurer. Therefore we are unable to offer any forms of compensation.
Unfortunately pallet delivery is not the same as parcel delivery and there are various scenarios where we cannot deliver a pallet. See the video below which provides useful information about delivery rules which ensure the safety of our drivers and your goods. If the issue of non-delivery is access related, your consigment may be delivered to an alternative address, however this could incur an additional cost, or we can arrange for you to collect your goods from your local depot, however this is not available in all areas so you should contact your local member to discuss arrangements. We can also arrange to return your goods to the original address however this may incur an additional fee.
Estimated time of arrival provides a 2 hour window that the driver expects to be able to deliver your consignment. Unfortunately this cannot be guaranteed due to local traffic conditions, weather conditions and other situations beyond our control. We will however, try to keep you as informed as possible. Please try to allow extra time for your delivery. If your pallet delivery has not arrived within 4 hours of the original stated time, please contact your local Palletways member who will have information on the location of your pallet.
Please contact your local Palletways member who will communicate with you regarding the status of your shipment and delivery arrangements. Please note that delivery dates are not guaranteed as there are sometimes situations that happen which are beyond our control that mean your pallet may not be delivered on the specified date. Our membership will have full information of your delivery and will be able to assist.
Please contact your local Palletways member as soon as possible to advise the correct information. Please note that if the goods have already been collected and have been sent to the delivery point a reroute will have to arranged which will incur a fee. If the consignment can be cancelled we can arrange for a new consignment to be processed. It is important to contact us immediately if any of your information is incorrect.
There are a few things that can be checked if this situation occurs:
- Check the delivery address on the information is correct. If not, please contact your local Palletways depot who will advise
- Check if there is a Proof of Delivery (POD). If there is a POD please contact your local Palletways depot who will advise. If there is not a POD there may be one of these statuses against it:
- Claused POD - this means there may be an issue with your pallet so contact your local Palletways depot and they will assist
- Part delivery - occassionally pallets get delivered on separate vehicles so please contact your local Palletways depot who will advise where your other pallet is
- Refused – we have been unable to deliver to the address given or you were out. Please contact your local Palletways depot so a redelivery can be arranged if required
- Service failure – there has been an issue getting the pallet delivered or collected - please contact your local Palletways depot so we can provide further information and arrange a new delivery date
- Never arrived – for some reason the goods were not collected/given to us and the consignment has been cancelled. A new consigment delivery may need to be arranged so please check with your local Palletways depot for further information
Simply click the "Track My Pallet" button at the top of this site and enter your tracking number. You will be able to see live tracking information throughout the delivery.
For any general enquiries you can contact our internal sales department on 08450 720199 or email email@example.com.
Please contact our internal sales department on 08450 720199 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. They will be able to liaise with the local member depot, who have a dedicated team that are experts in international shipments, to set up an appointment to discuss your requirements further.
Pallet deliveries are made to a kerbside location. If there is an accessible delivery point that can be safely accessed by the delivery driver using a pump truck then, at the delivery driver’s absolute discretion, the pallet may be left there.
As the pallet will be moved by a manually operated fork truck, we cannot collect or deliver pallets on gravel drives, steep hills or to locations not at ground level.
You should ensure that someone is available at the delivery point to meet the driver.
Deliveries are made to ensure the complete safety of our drivers and customers.
Palletways operates Monday to Friday between 9AM and 9PM for deliveries and 9AM to 5PM for collections. We do not operate our service on weekends or bank holidays.
As the pallet will be moved by a manually operated forklift truck, we cannot collect or deliver pallets on gravel drives, steep hills or to locations that are not at ground level. Click here for more information, or contact our Customer Service team on +44 (0) 845 153 0000.
Palletways aims to deliver to the service times it offers, however, there are rare occasions that things happen which are beyond our control that can cause delays. We cannot be held liable for consequential losses or costs which may occur as a result of any loss or damage to your delivery. Please see our terms and conditions on Palletwaysonline or contact your local member for more information. If you need to speak to someone about damage or loss, please contact your local depot.
The standard delivery window is between 9AM and 5PM Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays). You are able to request an ‘AM Delivery’ which will upgrade the delivery to a pre noon delivery. If you wish to book a delivery between the hours of 5PM and 9PM, please contact your local depot customer services team.
The standard collection window is between 9AM and 5PM Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays). Unfortunately you cannot request a set time for collection.
We offer both Premium and Economy services. The exact time it takes to deliver will depend on how far it has to travel, but generally Premium deliveries take 1-2 days and Economy deliveries take 2-3 days. You will see indicative delivery times when making your booking.
There are five different standard definitions for pallets:
All of them have the same base size, which is 1m wide by 1.2m deep and Goods must not be bigger than this base. You are also permitted to ship on a standard ‘Euro pallet’ which is 1m wide by 0.8m deep.
Pallets must not exceed 1,000kg in weight.
All goods should be secured to a pallet using pallet wrapping or appropriate strapping before the driver arrives.
Pallet wrapping (which is a clear industrial strength film) provides no protection for your goods and they must already be well packaged and protected before they go on the pallet.
Goods must remain within the confines of the pallet to protect the goods from impact damage.
For more information on how to prepare you goods for transit, see our video below.
Some other things you should know:
- Pallets must not exceed the weight stated on the pallet sizes, but in all cases should not exceed 1,000kg. If your goods are heavier than 1,000kg please contact Customer Services on +44 (0) 845 153 0000.
- Your goods should not overhang your pallet base and if extra space is required, please book this as appropriate. For any enquiries on booking extra space, please contact customer services.
- If you are booking your pallet using our online service you will receive an email that includes a label to attach to your pallet.
- Labels must be fixed firmly to the side of your pallet (ideally on at least 2 sides) and should clearly show the consignment reference, and delivery address.
- The health and safety of our drivers is of paramount importance so your collecting driver will assess your pallet and will use his discretion to determine if the pallet is safe to transport. Information about what you need to consider for us to collect your pallet can be found here.
Please contact your local Palletways member as we may be able to arrange to deliver you a pallet and shrink wrap to secure your goods to a pallet. We are unable to collect anything that is not pallatised or secured to a pallet safely.